Welcome to The Vancouver Israeli Folkdance Society website! We were a non-profit organization, incorporated under the Society Act of British Columbia in 1985.
As of February, 2017, the Vancouver Israeli Folk Dance Society (VIFS) received charitable status and is now authorized by the CRA to issue tax receipts for any donations received.
The VIFS exposes the joy and the beauty of this dance style to the general community.
The mandated purposes of the VIFS, as stated in its Constitution are as follows:
1) To promote Israeli Folk Dancing in Vancouver and surrounding areas
2) To run a Recreational Israeli Folk Dance program in greater Vancouver.
3) To offer and run instructional programs and workshops of Israeli Folk Dancing in Vancouver and surrounding areas.
4) To provide an opportunity for all persons in the Vancouver and surrounding areas to experience elements of Jewish culture, as are inherent in the Israeli Folk Dance tradition.
5) To facilitate social intervention amongst the participants of the Society’s programs.
7) To raise funds or borrow money, purchase goods or services and to enter into rental agreements, as are necessary to accomplish the afore mentioned purposes of the Society.
8) To provide opportunities for students, to publicly perform their works, and develop their skills in conjunction with these learning activities and to undertake activities and ancillary and incidental to the above mentioned charitable purpose.
Co – Workshop Director: